Paper Piecing Workshop by Amy Garro of 13 Spools
When: Saturday, September 17, 2016
Time: 9am - 4pm (with a break for lunch)
+Show and Tell: Be sure to bring an item (finished or still in progress) to show the group!
+Board Nominations Yes, it's that time of year already. We are looking for board members nominations. Elections will be held in October. You are welcome to nominate yourself as well! Please refer to the bylaws to see if you are eligible to be a board member.
+All Day Workshop!
- Quilt: Amy will be teaching the front cover quilt "Icy Waters" from her book "Paper Pieced Modern: 13 Stunning Quilts- Step-by-Step Visual Guide"
- Cost: $10/members, $25/non-members
- Payments can be made at the August meeting OR via PayPal. If using PayPal use the guild's email firstname.lastname@example.org and Select "Send Money to Friends and Family"
- Spots Available: 24 student maximum.
- This will be a first come, first serve workshop.
- Spots will be reserved for IMQG paid members first, and then non-members.
- To reserve your spot: Please respond either by email (email@example.com) or via the Facebook event page. However, your official spot will NOT be reserved until the fee is paid.
- We will start a waiting list for members and non-members if there are more than 24 interested.
- Materials to Bring:
- Amy's Book --> "Paper Pieced Modern: 13 Stunning Quilts- Step-by-Step Visual Guide"
- Note: the book will be available at the August & September meetings if you don't already have it
- Fabric for Icy Waters according to the yardage instructions in the book
- Amy is willing to schedule a shopping day if you need help choosing fabric
- At least 15 copies each of pattern "a" and "b"
- Add-a-quarter ruler preferred OR a clear 1" x 12" (ish) ruler with a quarter inch marked
- Typical sewing supplies (including sewing machine)
- Rotary cutter required
- BEFORE the meeting: please cut your fabric before the workshop (it will allow you to get the piecing finished during the lesson)