Saturday, March 26, 2011

Vintage Sheet Fat Quarter Swap at the May 21 Meeting

Update: We'll be swapping vintage sheet Fat Quarters at the May 21 meeting at Always in Stitches. If you'd like to participate, there's still time. Email Lindsay for more info!

In line with our Vintage Modern theme, there's been some interest in a vintage sheet fat quarter swap!

vintagesheets.blogspot.com

I recently discovered vintage sheets from blog hopping, when I stumbled across all kinds of giveaways at this site, the Vintage Sheet Blog. I'm even sponsoring a little FQ giveaway there through 3/31, so check it out if you dig the vintage stuff!

I'm open to suggestions on how this would work, but I'm thinking we can all cut fat quarter pieces (22x18) from vintage sheets, and swap the same number of fat quarters as we contribute.

 


To find your vintage sheet, check out thrift stores, yard sales, consignment shops, or online shops. Here are some other guidelines:
  • Wash your sheet before cutting
  • Make sure none of your fat quarters have stains or any moldy sections, because someone with allergies might receive it.
  • You can swap all FQs from one design or multiple patterns (like if you find two table runners or a fitted sheet and some pillowcases).
  • Swap date is to be decided, but I'm thinking we'll look for our sheets in April, then cut and swap in May or June.
With luck, we'll end up with enough variety to make one of these soon!
Sparklecandace on Flickr

We can swap at a future meetup (free shipping), or I'd be willing to handle to swapped sheets by mail as long as people are willing to send postage. I'll take a poll of the people who are interested and see which option sounds best!

Interested? Comment on this post or e-mail lindsay.conner@gmail.com by April 9th (that's two weeks)!

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea. So long as I can find something worth swapping, count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes please! I have some already cut do they all need to be the same?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome ladies--that's five of us so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful idea! I've been waiting for VS swap for so long, but I always seem to miss them (and swap-bot doesn't have them anymore :( ). I'll be good to join so long as it's after April 11th.

    ReplyDelete