Sunday, May 15, 2011

Robert Kaufman Solids Challenge - Lindsay

Lindsay C created a quilt she calls - Springtime Diamonds Mini Quilt.   Here's what she has to say about her quilt...

Kona solids quilt finished!

"I experimented with half square triangles until I got a layout that really. I decided to pair these bright charms with solid gray, to give the feeling of springtime peeking through the dreary weather.

Diamonds quilt hanging

I started with zig zags, moved on to random squares and finally settled on this diamond pattern. I enjoyed the variety of charms in this pack, and added a few extra solids to complete my design.

Here's the back!

Quilt back, wonky log cabins

Thanks for the chance to design a quilt in solids--I'm now completely sold on the idea, and will be quilting with solids in the future!"

Diamonds quilt, draped

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! If I finish it this weekend, I'll posted a "quilted" pic!

    ReplyDelete