Sunday, May 15, 2011

Robert Kaufman Solids Challenge-- Rachael


Since this was a challenge quilt, I decided to challenge myself and try a new-to-me pattern: the Cathedral Window. I decided on this pattern on Ash Wednesday, and thinking of our theme of Spring, the Cathedral Window was a natural choice. I used all but one of the charm squares, along with a ton of Kona white. I added small squares of batting behind each colored fabric, giving it some dimension. This is a "quilt as you go" pattern, so there's no binding and the back is white as well. My only regret is that it isn't a bigger quilt! Thanks to Kaufman and IMQG for this fun challenge.


3 comments:

  1. Thought #1: This would make great wall art. Thought #2... would you be terribly upset (flattered?) if I showed up to a meeting having made a quilt just like this? I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It's a terrific pattern and certainly not an original-- go ahead and make one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember how I got here ~ followed a link and followed a link.....
    This is just beautiful!!! If you used a tute for this, would you mind sending me a link? (tralou at cox.net) I think this is my favorite cathedral windows ever!!

    ReplyDelete